tomjtx Wrote:

> Good for you. According to my sister who is a child therapist every
> study done on the subject shows that spanking has no positive effect
> and only has a negative effect on the child

It's also illegal in many countries.  I suspect before long that will
be the case in the US as well.

A few months ago in Turin, Italy I saw a parent strike a misbehaving
child.  This was just outside the train station, and a  guard that saw
it yelled at the parent and threatened to call the police.  The
situation was complicated by the fact that the mother was wearing
hijab, which made me wonder if the guard would have reacted the same
way to Christian-looking parents, but still, be warned - if you're
going to spank your children, be careful where you do it!

--
opaqueice