I Own a pioneer A400X (audiophile) amplifier fairly old now however,
this amp does not have bass or treble controls. This amp sounds quite
bright in the treble end and has a nice bass at the low end. As someone
else mentioned, you actually hear the music as was intended by the
recording engineer. I have never missed my bass /treble controls and i
have never thought about getting a graphic equaliser. I just want pure
clean signal. I think the only way to be sure about what you are buying
is to go to a dealer with a sound  room and listen for yourself, you may
be very surprised.

--
Ashy72