blxm;217437 Wrote:
> Hoping somebody can help me with some beginner woes.
> I've just bought some flat Belkin AV speaker cable and it came with
> pins but in the lack of a fine manual to read, I'm unclear how to attch
> the cable to the pins. Do I just strip off the cover and jam in the raw
> cable?
>
> Halfway up the pin below the plastic red/ black sheaths there is a
> small perpendicular allen bolt which would appear to clamp the bare
> cable?
>
> I'm utterly inexperienced when it comes to this kind of thing and dont
> want to damage anything - especially not my brand new Audioengine
> speakers.

Do your new speakers have binding posts?
If it were me, I would forget the pins and connect the cables direct.
Maybe a pic of the connection plate of the speakers would be in order.

.

--
haunyack

Transporter -> B&K Reference 200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.
RWA (Analog) SB3 -> Rotel RB 1070 -> B&W Matrix 805.
Fridgidare -> Mirror Pond pale ale -> easy chair w/remote -> irritated
neighbors.