amey01;216917 Wrote:
> Sorry - no. Sure, the manual SHOULD reflect the way the product works,
> but it did not match the way the product worked when I purchased my
> Squeezebox.
>
> By all means fix the manual so this problem doesn't get raised by
> future purchasers, but that doesn't eliminate Slim Devices' need to
> provide me with a product whose performance matches the way it was
> advertised to me before my purchase!
>
> With the ubiquity of this feature, it would be ethical of the manual to
> explicitily state that this feature does not work. still, even no
> mention of FF/REW in the manual (although sneaky) would be within
> requirements.
>
> BUT the manual explicitly states this feature does work - and I quote
> from page nine: "Press and hold REW to scan backward through the
> current song" and "Press and hold FWD to scan forward through the
> current song".
>
> It is on record that I think the Squeezebox is a fantastic product -
> ONE OF THE BEST I OWN - but it is essential that anything I purchase
> matches its advertsied description!

A user's manual is not considered advertising (and I say that as
someone who has written dozens of user's manuals for electronics
products over the years). Manufacturers are not obligated to make
products behave the way their manuals say. But they are obligated to
make products behave the way their advertising says.

--
TiredLegs