I don't normally like to promote brands in forums but I noticed you said
you don't live near a lot of audio shops.

Axiom is an online only company known for their excellent speakers, and
truly outstanding customer service.  Since Paradigm has already been
referenced I'll mention that their floor standers, M60s and M80s are
often compared to Paradigm's top Studio series but will cost you less.
What made me break my rule for you is that they will talk to you about
your requirements, recommend some models and they will let you listen
to them for 30 days and if you don't like them, you can ship them back.
Takes the ominous part out of buying something unheard.

Their forums list people all over who are willing to do demos, because
I really do recommend you listen to a speaker before buying.  You may
see someone in your area.  That being said, I'd be willing to bet you
would never ship them back once you heard them.

I'm not going to say they are the best or that they are better than A
or B.  But I will say I am extremely happy with mine and trying them
for 30 days suits your situation where you are not near any major
shops.  There are lots of articles and reviews if you search for them
as you shouldn't take my word for it.

--
Murph