I've just upgraded from an SB3 to Transporter and am also experiencing
some crackles/pops during tracks.  I've done some testing & found the
following:

1) It's specific tracks only and is repeatable
2) It occurs on both the analogue and spdif out on the Transporter
3) It does not occur on the SB3 (digital spdif out)
4) These are flac files and there is no problem playing them on the PC
5) I've converted to wav & mp3 - same problem on the Transporter, fine
on the SB3 and PC

The key bits of my setup are as follows:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.5 - 12598 - Debian - EN - iso-8859-1 (upgraded
to 6.5.5 today, same issue on previous version but not as extensively
tested)
SB3 firmware 81
Transporter firmware 31
Rotel 1098 used as external DAC when using spdif

Any ideas?

Cheers
Neil

--