tingtong5;221493 Wrote:
> I agree, but it could be caused by a non lineair f-response of my cheap
> soundcard, so buying a better card might still be a good idea..
>

> I know, I was already using a curve that rolls off 8 dB at 20 kHz :P
> Still too bright..
>

> I already asked and Inguz said his convolver does not support this.
> Instead he has the flatness control option, but that also destroys my
> well-corrected low-frequency response..
>
> Life ain't easy ;-)

My point was that the response (which is nothing to do with whether or
not the card is re-sampling) will be flat enough for DRC purposes - you
can't hear freq response variations +/- 0.5dB anyway.

You need to roll-off way earlier than that. Cymbals are in the 9-14kHz
range...

Nothing much else is happening up there. Guitars are gone by 6KHz (at
best).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)