Yesterday evening I took new measurements, this time at a 48 kHz
samplerate. Then I resampled to 44.1 kHz using Adobe Audition in
highest quality setting.

Surprise, surprise the earlier perceived brightness was gone and it
seems to sound just right now using my mic calibration file :-)

I did not expect this to happen but it really is true, preventing the
soundcard from doing the resampling and doing it in software afterwards
makes a significant audible difference in the end result!

Maybe what I heard before as perceived brightness was just drc
artifacts caused by an improper input (impulse response)..

--
tingtong5