DCtoDaylight;222087 Wrote:
> Just gave this a try, and heard no funny pops or noise...
> To make sure I'm doing this exactly the way you are:
> I turned on my satelite receiver, to start the optical input.
> Switched on Transporter
> Navigated to Random Mix/Random Songs and pressed play
> Music starts up, no problem
> Left arrow, scroll down to Digital Inputs/Optical and press play
> TV sound track starts without any pops or noise.
> Left arrow, scroll down to Random Mix/Random Songs and press play
> Music starts up, again no problem, different song than the first time
> (was that a setting in slimserver I had to set?  I can't recall, but I
> like to start each "random session" fresh.
>
> Am I doing something different?
> Dave
This is exactly the behaviour I get, with firmware 24. Others, running
later firmwares, are the people who are having to power-cycle. The only
difference between you and me is that I get the brief loud burst when
switching to a digital input. But that only happens if the TP's volume
control is turned down. If you have your TP's volume set to maximum
(ie. using a downstream amplifier for volume contol), then you won't
hear the burst.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A