Hi Sean, thanks for your response.
The amps are normally on. Being power amps they have just a mains power
switch on the rear, nothing else. On the front there is a green LED to
show when they are powered up.
Now, everything works fine, turning on & off the Transporter etc.
But, if I need to power cycle the transporter (i.e it has locked up
after switching from digital inputs to Slimserver without pausing
first), by holding down the power button for a couple of seconds, as
the Transporter resets (I can hear relays clicking inside & screen goes
back to Slim  devices logo), I also hear clicks coming from the power
amps and the LEDs go out and no sound comes from them. They will stay
like this unitl they are switched off at the mains for a couple of
seconds and then powered up again. It seems to me like it's some sort
of protection circuit cutting in and needing resetting in the power
amps (just as if there was a short on the speakers cables). The only
connection between the power amps and the TP is the analogue XLRs. Does
the transporter put a short on the XLRs when power cycling, or can you
think of any other reason why this would happen?
It's no big deal really, just slightly annoying and wondered if I was
the only one?

--
MikeFish