I need some advice on how to pin down a problem I am having.

I have a squeezebox hooked up to Audioengine speakers.
The connection is via composite cable (red and white) from the
squeezebox to the speakers with a composite Y ending with an mini-rca
plug at the speakers.

The problem is I will periodically lose sounds out of one speaker
(always the speaker that does not have the amp)It it not the
squeezebox. Switching the cables on the Squeezebox changes which
speaker has sound. (still only one)

This problem comes and goes.  I have changed the cables. Still the
intermittent problem

Suggestions?

--
brucegrr