It is an great respect for Empirical Audio AND for Benchmark Audio
products. I am just an amateur reading reviews and forums and deciding
what is the best setup for me $$. And posting some thoughts and
questions. Both Benchmark Audio and Empirical Audio are good products,
no dought.

I have 2 computers – 1 SB3 – QUAD 12L ACTIVE
http://www.quad-hifi.co.uk/model.php?sector_id=2&range_id=5&model_id=23

Whith Benchmark DAC1 USB i can connect 2 computers and Squeezebox to
the DAC and also have an headphone amp. And the QUADS have XLR inputs.
Benchmark DAC1 USB has special XLR outputs for studiomonitors. As far
as i know the Benchmark don’t use as much CPU and RAM as an software
upsampler Empirical use do(that said at the risk of misquote again). I
will go for Benchmark DAC1 USB later next week.
I am waiting for an spdif to XLR(aes) transformer. Hard to get here in
Norway. No i have to get some things done. Have only had time to rip 2
cd`s he he … while reading reviews and forums about software player.
etc and hardware. Foobar – EAC – Lame mp3 – Flac - SB3 – Benchmark DAC1
USB – QUAD 12L Active is my choise. No i have to work with this tools,
not just read forums and reviews, i have finally made an decision about
software and hardware. Its time to learn to use the tools.

I will post questions in the beginners forum.

Eiret - Norway

--
eiret