DCtoDaylight;224074 Wrote:
> I was refering to:
>
> which we both seem to agree is impossible.  I didn't check if the
> Benchmark web site actually states this, or if this is a misquote, but
> my point still stands, ALL dac's have jitter of differing degrees.
>
> Cheers, Dave

Sorry it is a MISQUOTE. It is nearly 100% jitter free. That IS a
difference.

Taken from Benchmarks website.

The Benchmark UltraLock system is nearly 100% jitter immune. The D/A
conversion clock is totally isolated from the input digital audio clock
in a topology that outperforms two-stage PLL designs. In fact, no
jitter-induced artifacts can be detected using an Audio Precision
System 2 Cascade test set.

One man posted in a tread in another forum. He worked in a studio. Dont
remember where or when. His statement of claim was that jitter dos not
exsist. It is something the pro audio hardware industry has invented to
earn more money on hardware sales.

--
eiret