gdg;227346 Wrote:
> What are we... back to the CD gives perfect sound bullshit?

No one said that.  The question is how to improve it, and personally I
don't think increasing the sampling rate or the bit depth is going to
do that in any significant way (although there's also no reason NOT to
do it if the opportunity arises).

> 1) How much time have you spent around live unamplified instruments so
> that you have some kind of reference. I spent years playing jazz in
> unamplified settings and the sound of real instrument is utterly
> imprinted on my subconcious.

I'm an amateur musician and I go listen to live music often.

> 2) How much technical training do you actually have  to help sort out
> the BS from the hard science?

I'm a professor of physics.

> 3) How many reference quality systems have you ever heard.

More than I can count, including my own.

> F this, I'm wasting my time here. This is clearly  a forum for the
> typical Joe Blow who thinks high art is the WWF.

Bye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

--
opaqueice