opaqueice;228211 Wrote:
> Now if only everyone that believes there *is* a difference would take a
> few minutes and do the same...

..a few minutes, I reckon it must have taken me an hour to play around
just to get my sad little sample of 'out of 5' - mind you I did flip
back and forth a bit before I was sure I could tell which was which and
before I checked. I didn't go any further as I could hear a difference
and that's all I really cared about.

As for mind over matter, well when I knew I was listening to AIFF or
WAV a few months ago (no blind test just listening) I really liked
AIFF...more air, could hear right into the mix - isn't it bl**dy daft!
First of all why did I like the word AIFF as opposed to WAV? I reckon
it just sounded like it would be a better sound! WAV sounds a bit naff,
whereas AIFF now that must be the biscuit..all good fun though ;-)

It's like when you see a really sexy bit of audio kit, it takes some
proper listening to persuade you it really isn't that good when it
looks that good! Whoever all these blind people are, thank goodness
they keep volunteering to help us out here...I surely need it! :-)

--
Timbo