Yep, slimserver is OK with a network drive and yes you can rip onto a
network drive. Be aware however that when for any reasons (and there
are plenty) a wlan connection fials your rip may fail and you may or
may not notice it.
Furthermore there are many issues reported in the forum where apple
wlan hardware (Idon't have it so I am not interested) makes problems
with slimserver. Search the forums prior to buying a wlan base station
made by apple and decide for your self if the reported cases are true
for you. I think it has something to do with blocked ports.
Perhaps wired ethernet or another ap is more preferable.

--
jaysung