Okay, this probably doesn't belong here, but I'll try.  I have two
systems in my house: the main system, which runs almost $20k, a nice
office system that runs around $2k, and (okay, three) two of those
Tivoli Model 1's.  One is in the bedroom and one is in the kitchen.
Oh, and my daughter has a boom box.

I would like something nicer, or at least with greater frequency
response, for the (largish) kitchen area.  The idea is to add a Squeeze
Box to it.  At first, I started thinking DAC, etc., but I know my wife
would kill me.

So, here's the problem: I don't know the first thing about small,
all-in-one-box systems.  I don't want to spend much -- $500 or so,
tops.  Just something to run the SB (and mostly listen to news via
Internet radio, etc.)

--
emilioforte