DCtoDaylight;231582 Wrote:
> Well.....
> While it's not perfectly spherical in it's radiation pattern the MBL
> Radialstrahler is getting pretty close...
> http://www.mbl-germany.de/Reference_html/101_e.html
> It uses top and bottom mounted voice coils to flex an aluminum ovoid,
> radiating omni-directionally, although not with a perfectly spherical
> shape.  I've never heard one, but they are supposed to sound very
> good.

They do.  I heard their top-of-the-line system at CES this year.
$50,000 speakers driven by some ludicrous stack of high-end
electronics.  It sounded very good - the best sound at the show, in my
opinon - but I prefer the Orions (although really it's impossible to
judge fairly unless both systems are in the same room).

--
opaqueice