"It's in the first post."

Well, not to be picky, but your preference wasn't reversed UNTIL you
added the linear PSU into the picture.

"My conclusion wasn't that an apple tastes like an orange. A difference
was still apparent (as far as I could detect in the limited time
available). It was just my preference that was reversed."

Again, I do not claim that one is better than the other "absolutely".
I claim there are differences and state my current preference.  That's
all.  My preference may change as well, though I suspect not.  I am
going to compare some raw .wav's as suggested by TiredLegs to the
original cd's (though, I did at one point compare both flacs and wav on
my Squeezebox at one point and thought the differences were subtle at
best but my system has changed somewhat since then).  And I DO plan on
purchasing an aftermaket PSU, probably the new CIAudio offering, out of
curiosity.

"I was trying to help you by sharing my experience. YMMV.
Darren"

I appreciate it.

--
SatoriGFX