Ray70;234352 Wrote:
> Mr Sukebe - Be interested to hear how your SB+ performs with and without
> the Bel Canto Dac.

Ray> My opinion is that the DAC2 is not better, just different.  I've
compared briefly between the two and there really is very little in
overall difference.
The reason why I use the DAC2 are:
- I use a Behringer DEQ2496 between the SB+ and my DAC (purely in the
digital domain), to use for room correction and deal with my primary
bass room node
- The speakers I use can be a little too forward when mated with the
wrong kind of source/amp combo (they're horrible with Naim).  Not only
is the DAC2 very good, it's also relatively laid back and is very
synergistic with my speakers.

If I didn't want the above, I'd go with a bare SB+, as I'm sure it
would be just as good, along with being a good deal cheaper.

--
Mr_Sukebe

SB+, Behringer 2496DEQ, Bel Canto DAC2, Bel Canto Evo2i, Impulse Ta'us,
Coherent cables, Stillpoints