Mr_Sukebe;234356 Wrote:
> Ray> My opinion is that the DAC2 is not better, just different.  I've
> compared briefly between the two and there really is very little in
> overall difference.
> The reason why I use the DAC2 are:
> - I use a Behringer DEQ2496 between the SB+ and my DAC (purely in the
> digital domain), to use for room correction and deal with my primary
> bass room node
> - The speakers I use can be a little too forward when mated with the
> wrong kind of source/amp combo (they're horrible with Naim).  Not only
> is the DAC2 very good, it's also relatively laid back and is very
> synergistic with my speakers.
>
> If I didn't want the above, I'd go with a bare SB+, as I'm sure it
> would be just as good, along with being a good deal cheaper.

Thank you Mr Sukebe. I see you use Tony's cables. I've got Connoissuer
XLR and speaker cables and they improved my system signficiantly. I'm
currently saving my pennies for another Coherent system.

With regards to the SB+, I've only had it for around 6 weeks but I'm
very pleased with it. It's got a very fluid, almost vinyl like
presentation to it, and I'm rediscovering my music collection as a
result.

--
Ray70