ianr;238296 Wrote:
> Not sure if I'm just being a niche customer, but does anyone else feel
> that Slim/Logitech should consider a Transporter that would handle
> multichannel audio (DVD-A etc)?

The problem is, strictly speaking, it is illegal under the DMCA to
extract audio from DVD-A or SACD onto your PC.  Much more so than CD,
and there are significant technological barriers in place to prevent
this (particularly for SACD).  CD extraction fits into the grey zone of
"fair use", DVD-A and SACD never have.

So to provide a player for illegal formats is not only a bad idea, it
may be illegal in and of itself.

And yeah, these formats are dead - the funeral hasn't taken place yet,
that's all.

--
Mark Lanctot

'Sean Adams' Response-O-Matic checklist, patent pending!'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=200910&postcount=2)