I'm not sure anyone's ever suggested that all sources sound the same.

What I will suggest, however, is that: All -digital- sources, provided
they don't deliberately process the samples from the disc before
delivering them to the SPDIF port, should sound the same when fed into
a jitter-proof reclocking DAC.

So, if you have such a DAC, there should be no audible benefit in using
a Transporter over an SB3, or even over the cheapest working CD player
you can find on Ebay - provided you're using it as a digital source
only. Even then there's still the possibility that you'll get a ground
loop or some other effect that can't really be attributed to the
'quality' of the component, which may nevertheless affect what you
hear.

--
AndyC_772