Polarbear;241235 Wrote:
> Yes, I have used the passive out for quite some time. Just a second
> order filter after the AKM dac's. I have also new clock and new PSU for
> the dac's. These tweak's makes the behringer a very nice unit. Next up
> is to replace the sample rate converter (CS8420) with a better one. The
> 8420 gets the "hikkup" now and then, and passes on a distorted signal.
> Sounds like putting a blanket over the speakers :)
> http://www.dcx2496.fr/en/news_en.php
> I bet you can do the passive out in the transporter. But what comes
> after the transporter? Should have fairly large impedance to make the
> DAC's see a nice load. My pre is 47k and it works nicely.
>
> Cheers.
hehe Seems like you are a modder :)
Me already thinks about adding a second RCA passive output. My amps are
somewere int the 30ks if i remember right and the 4396 can deliver good
current. I may start a thread in the DIY section when winter holidays
come in.
At least one member i know now that may help me with this.
Cheers!

--
Wombat

Transporter -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> self-made speakers