I hope that I am a fully recovered audiophile that is now a music lover.
I remember buying many CDs that "sounded good" though I hated the music.
Steve Winwood and Anita Baker (I was in my last years of High School and
early College) come to mind.

I am also trying to recover from being a purist snob that listened only
to two channel audio with vacuum tubes and no tone controls. So much of
what I like comes from a studio where there is nothing "Live" to
preserve in the first place. obsessing over classic rock studio albums
is dumb. Play with tone controls all you like... until it sounds good
to you.

--
brjoon1021