PNCD;246228 Wrote:
> I am not locked into something that does not evolve.

While I can see your point about almost all of your post, this is one I
disagree with.

The Logitech hardware has significantly evolved over the years, and as
most of it is in software now it's much more easily changed than nearly
anything else on the market.

And the Transporter does have some unused components/untapped hardware
for future use.  While I can't promise anything on behalf of Sean, he
is at least looking into it and there is the possibility of the
Transporter fully supporting 88.2:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=243926&postcount=9

So to accuse the Squeezebox/Transporter of not evolving is very unfair,
it is by far the most rapidly-changing device out there, changing so
rapidly many new users find it frustrating.  Try this with a high-end
CD player, which remains more or less the same through its entire
product life until it's replaced by a newer model.

--
Mark Lanctot