haunyack;248031 Wrote:
> Looking forward to reading about your impression of this component.
>
> .

The SB3 or the DAC 3.1?

I'm intimately familiar with the latter, but will not be using it or
the rest of our main system until sometime next year, after we remodel
our big listening room.  The DAC 3.1 Plat is a magnificent performer,
even today.

The SB3 will compare with a CEC transport that I hope it will replace
in our main system.  Time will tell.

Until then, I am rotating the SB among several vintage receiver
systems.  Bone stock, it has so far been a pleasant surprise.  From
what I've heard so far from it, a more robust supply to the outputs and
better Op-amps may help it.  I may throw it up against our modded
Marantz CD67-SE over the holidays if time permits.

--
sgmlaw