darrenyeats;251439 Wrote:
> Eric,
> WAVs take roughly twice the network bandwidth of FLACs. I have no
> problems streaming 16 bit WAVs or 24 bit FLACs over my wireless-G
> network. Haven't tried a 24 bit WAV but if you do the maths it should
> be well within the capacity of even wireless-B.
>
> I can't imagine many people here using wireless if it wasn't able to
> take lossless streaming, but it's no problem.
>
> Perhaps you are suffering problems with poor wireless signal. This is a
> different matter to running out of bandwidth with a good signal.
> Darren

Wireless problems aren't usually related to bandwidth, but to the
ability to deliver constant and uninterrupted signal. I have given it
up and switched to wired. Too many hickups due to wirless phones or
microwave ovens. Wireless network probably (miss)behaves the same all
the time, but it's just way more annoying when one hears it or remote
doesn't react. Tried every trick in the book, just to discover that my
router reacts to wireless phone even if there are no wireless devices
attached to it.

However, when it works, the sound quality is exactly the same. Of
course, in the HiFi world, there will always be good old disclaimer
"...in my system, to my ears..." :)

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.