ErikM;252149 Wrote:
> Simple (and inexpensive) thing to try is a Monarchy DIP
> http://www.monarchyaudio.com/ It's inexpensive and they work. Buy it
> from Audio Advisor with a 30 day MBG... But try a DIP I think you'll be
> very suprised.

Assuming we're talking about the DIP Upsampler (the only thing Audio
Advisor carries), yes you will be very surprised.

I tried a DIP Upsampler only to find out that if the SB3 digital output
drops for any reason (like a glitch in the wireless network), instead of
muting, the DIP outputs digital noise at full volume. In my case it
nearly destroyed my speakers. According to the designer (M Poon), it
was "working as designed". Also, it compared poorly sonically to my
Apogee Big Ben as a jitter-reducing device.

Instead, for $100 more, I got a GW Labs DSP Upsampler. This is an
up-scale version of the Monarchy, licensed from and IAFAIK, designed by
Monarchy. I'm very happy with it - it mutes properly and is sonically
competitive with the Big Ben in jitter reduction.

Regards,
Kim

--
krochat

------
Acourate -> Inguz DSP -> SB3 -> GW Labs DSP (96kHz upsampler) -> Apogee
Big Ben -> TacT RCS 2.2X -> 2x TacT S2150 -> Vandersteen 3a Signature +
TacT W210