I recently added a Citypulse DA2.03e II to my main system. I was
expecting some level improvement, but wow, I am blown away. There is a
major improvement in definition and strength of the bass, and an
significant improvement in overall clarity.

Before adding the DAC, my system consisted of:

SB3 (digital out) to DEQ2496 (analog out) to Music Angel 845 tube amp
(modified).

Present configuration:

SB3 (digital out) to DEQ2496 (digital out) to Citypulse DAC to MA 845.

I'm using the DEQ2496 for room correction and to help me tune my DIY
speakers. I originally found the analog output of the DEQ2496 to be at
least as good as the SB3's analog output.

Speakers consist of 8" full range Fostex 206ESR's in BIB's (horns that
load into the ceiling - they are huge!). I really dig these speakers,
they fill the whole house with great sound, and they produce plenty
deep clean bass.

I went with the Citypulse because I want a remote volume control and
because of its excellent reputation.

--
boudy