boudy;265452 Wrote:
> I recently added a Citypulse DA2.03e II to my main system. I was
> expecting some level improvement, but wow, I am blown away. There is a
> major improvement in definition and strength of the bass, and a
> significant improvement in overall clarity.
>
> Before adding the DAC, my system consisted of:
>
> SB3 (digital out) to DEQ2496 (analog out) to Music Angel 845 tube amp
> (modified).
>
> Present configuration:
>
> SB3 (digital out) to DEQ2496 (digital out) to Citypulse DAC to MA 845.
>
> I'm using the DEQ2496 for room correction and to help me tune my DIY
> speakers. I originally found the analog output of the DEQ2496 to be at
> least as good as the SB3's analog output.
>
> Speakers consist of 8" full range Fostex 206ESR drivers in BIB's (horns
> that load into the ceiling - they are huge!). I really dig these
> speakers, they fill the whole house with great sound, and they produce
> plenty deep clean bass.
>
> I went with the Citypulse because I want a remote volume control and
> because of its excellent reputation.

Hi,

would you care to do a blind test SB3 analog out vs. Citypulse? Could
you describe the differences. I have a similar DAC and I'm curious abut
your opinion.

thks,

K.

--
slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.