Ok, my bad as well.

I was using a couple of 24/88.2 .wma files converted to .wav from the
same album.  After having success getting other 24/88.2 wma and flac
converted to wav to play I re-examined the originals I was working with
and discovered they are actually 6 channel (5.1) encoded, so I’m
guessing this is the reason they refused to play and would lock up the
TP.  They do play in their .wma format but who knows what I’m actually
hearing.  I cannot get file properties from Squeeezecenter with the wav
files so it is good to hear Dave's SF is reporting correct sample rate.

After much experimenting with 24/88.2 wma and flac, converted to wav,
everything seems working well, and sounding marvelous, (thank you Sean)
with only one caveat.
Squeezecenter (as was my experience with Slimserver) is unable to
correctly report file properties (bitrate and sample rate) for wma
files of 24/88.2 or 24/96. I’m no genius when it comes to file
properties and tags.  Is this perhaps a bug?  It only seems to occur on
my wma files.  24/88.2 wma always report as 22.7 sample rate.  24/96 wma
report at 30.5 sample rate.

Dave, it would be great if you could check some converted wav to wma
files.

--
RGibran

RG