Phil Leigh;271073 Wrote:
> Oh yes it does! (or did)
> Problem is that vinyl never had very much dynamic range in th e first
> place - and compression (at or before the cutting heads) was
> expected...

Arghh, then we are totally s... (oops, almost bad langauge)

I've read somewhere though that the noise level on well processed vinyl
is actually lower in some part of the critical midrange compared to
ordinary red-book CD. (This is actually backed by real life
measurements, I can't locate it now, though....)

Many vinyl pressings are definitely not lacking dynamics

-Harald

--
haraldo

Suse Linux / SC7 -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell KAV400xi ->
Meadowlark Kestrel2
Everything is difficult before it's easy