As hinted earlier in this thread ripping LPs is a tedious task. Apart
from the analog equipment which should be prestine it is worth
mentioning that most of the real "time" goes in cleaning up and
processing the resulting audio files. A couple of year back I did a
little research of the (free) software available then to cleanup my DAT
life recordings. Quickly I settled on CoolEdit Pro, which was acquired
by Adobe. It sports an intuitive user interface does some nice
filtering a most important of all has a plugin capability with one a
very valuable plug for noice reduction. If you don't want to pin-point
every click tick and pop by hand this is the road to go. it mostly find
and eliminates clicks by itself with next to no effect on the music
itself. Especially for ripping is the cue/list feature that would allow
you to make a cue-sheet that than can be used to split the original
sound file. Great software, I love it.

--
th00ht

SqueezeBox (f/w81), SqueezeCenter (7.0-17707)
Quad 303 + Two Quad Electrostats