NoFlyZone;275236 Wrote:
> Anybody listen to an Audio Note 2.1 DAC from SB3? I've modded my SB3
> with the KE DAC, National LM4562 Opamp and a Welborne PS. It amazingly
> clean but still missing the imaging I continually seek. Audio Note
> offers this DAC in kit form.
>
> For $500 the Paradisea+ DAC looks pretty nice. I go back and forth
> between furthering the mods of my SB3 or looking for an outboard DAC.
> At this point everything that I've in between the signal path of the
> SB3 to Nuforce 9SEV2 has been to the detriment.

Imaging is primarily function of speakers (their mid and high
component), room, the seating position and speaker placement. This is
where the bigest bang for the money is. Magnepans will 'image' with
stock SB3 playing 32 Kbps stream.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAj2aPdQnk or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMNuuFSvN0
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRhRv4q_SI