amcluesent;236167 Wrote:

> I would judge the sound quality to be comparable to my favourite CD
> players at around the same price."
>
> So that's clear then, pretty much complete ignorance of digital music
> servers, but a hankering after some nice polished timber!

I think mr. Messenger's assessment is not so far off. The SqueezeBox is
made of plastic and I wouldn't get too excited about the DACs used. They
(and therefor the sound quality) are just very good and probably
comparable to "CD players at around the same price.". Not without
reason Logitech (SqueezeDevices) engineers have decided to use
something else in the Transporter.

Obviously you have to "do a bit of computers" to use the SlimDevices'
offerings and that might not be everyone's  (give or take the timber).
Hell, you need a wireless network! There is just people out there who
don't want to be bothered.

There is a huge market out there for re-packaging (get a RipStation and
a Transporter and get the wireless AP and home-delivery/support for
free!).

--
th00ht

SqueezeBox v3, SqueezeCenter (7.0.1 - 17793)
Quad 303 + Two Quad Electrostats