ntom;293281 Wrote:
> and a SB3 playing through a Perpetual Technologies DAC&Upsampler (also
> second hand).....=

This thread is shot anyway (oh look, yet another thread on the
SlimDevices Audiophile forum that has deteriorated into brain-dead
argument, well I never)......

Apart from the speakers your kit is very similar to what I used to
have... and it worked very well (for me). Before I got the Transporter
and got very tired of thinking I needed yet another black (or silver)
box and associated cable I had Naim kit and SB3 with Perpetual
Technologies DAC and Upsampler/Digital Correction Unit (P1-A?) and
Monolithic PSU. The PT stuff was the nicest sounding DAC I found to fix
to the SB3. I "upgraded" to a Benchmark DAC1 after that but never liked
it very much (clinical, exact, hard and cold). I tried a few others too
but the PT was defintely the best sounding (for me).

I've now fed up of having large numbers of hifi units and have
attempted to obtain the best sound (to my ears) out of the fewest units
(with least wires). This knocked Naim, with their annoying adhesion to
DIN plugs and seperate PSUs out of the equation.

Shame really as Naim stuff really does seems to sound better than
anything else. PRAT I think it's called... a very exasperating tla.
---------------------------------

Sentimental?
No. I have a lot of Naim stuff for sale and also a Perpetual
Technolgies P-1A. Oh, and a black Transporter too (my new amp is
silver).
:-)

MC

--