ModelCitizen;293449 Wrote:
> We used the volume controls. Seemed the obvious way to do it.
>
> MC
IMHO, it is not so so obvious, and a small level difference between 2
sources (would) lead to premature conclusions.

In analog unbalanced mode, the Transporter has a fixed output level.
My CD player, for instance, outputs at a slightly higher level.
Turning the volume knob each time at the right positions was found mind
boggling and not reproductable.
If I had to compare sources levels, I'd prefer to check a signal
standard with VOM or 'scope...and (in my case) insert attenuators where
necessary to perfectly match them.
Then I could compare.

--
fakarava2

"To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here"
(Franz Schubert, 01/31/1797 - 11/19/1828)