haraldo wrote:
> The bad thing about such events is that you get to
> superdupermegaoptimized room, everything is perfect and electronics
> costing a fortune....
> Ooops and then the room....

Speaker placement, and then room accoustics are the best bang for the
buck audiophile improvement.

> If you brought an SB3 and a Benchmark DAC1, I'm not sure people would
> hear any difference whatsoever

Yes, I used a Squezeboxen to DAC-1 for years and was very happy.
I switched to the Transporter when I got it, but even now I'm not sure
which is "better" they both sound wonderful, in my room. I've got a
decent system Classé amp, Sonus Faber speakers, Rel sub. Its about all I
can do with acceptable WAF.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/