I now have my Transporer's XLR outs connected to my speaker amp, while
the RCAs are connected to a headphone amp.

Will this cause problems? Do both amps need to be powered on when the
Transporter is on?

I ask because a while back I had an Arcam CD player with two sets of
RCA outputs connected to a speaker amp and headphone amp. When only the
headphone amp was powered on, the distortion was horrible. An Arcam
engineer eventually confirmed that both amps had to be powered on to
avoid damage to the CD player. Of course this wasn't mentioned in the
owner's manual...

--
gregeas