A most succinct and balanced reply.  The only thing I want to add is to
point out that if your DAC has a clock out then you can slave the
Transporter to it, which should reduce jitter to almost zero, although
is probably not quite as low as the 'internal' Transporter system.

Oh plus the standard health warning:

WARNING: The audibility of jitter in the low picoseconds is disputed.
Other factors may affect sound quality.  This thread may self-destruct
in ten seconds.

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES