GuyDebord;303588 Wrote:
> But why got thru all of this if you can easily convert flacs to alacs
> and viceversa? I assume that if you are using mac server you will never
> "need" flacs, not even if you want to take them to go...
> Is there some esoteric belief behind this post?

Well .. its not really 'all of this'. Its pretty straightforward and
quite elegant. I see TwistedFLAC and mp3fs as tools that can happily
co-exist on the same system. There are several excellent reasons for
maintaining a flac library irrespective of whether it is hosted on a
Windows, MacOS, or Linux server. However if you do wish for whatever
reason to access them via iTunes' interface or perhaps manually sync a
few tracks to your iPod/iPhone, you could use one of these approaches.

--
Nikhil