Hi Ron,

No problem. I was out of town as well.

I had the chance to try a Mark Levinson 36s DAC with my SB3, and I
found it to be a little light in the upper bass and lower midrange
(~300-500Hz)compared to my Rega Apollo. The Rega had a warmer sound
that I prefer. Comparing the Apollo with the SB3 analog out, I do
notice a more 3-dimensional sound with the Apollo. The Apollo also
seems to sustain the notes a little longer. Not a dramatic difference,
but noticeable if you're paying attention. I'm searching for a DAC that
will be a step up from the DAC in my SB3 to give me a sound comparable
to the Apollo. The convenience of the SB3 is tremendous. Can you tell
if the Lavry has a different tonality than your Rega?

Rega Apollo --> VTL 2.5 preamp --> Classe 100W/chan amp --> Thiel 2.4
speakers.

--
duke43j