Themis;316268 Wrote:
> Robin, I simply often noticed that, each time someone shows some
> dissatisfaction about the SB3's dac the "usual" answer is :
> a. Get a 1000$ (or more) dac,
> b. Get a Transporter
> In my humble opinion, the facts are the following:
> - SB3 costs 300$
> - in these 300$, you get bundled a network card, a drive, a dac, a
> remote controller, some software (squeezecenter and sb) plus some
> services.
> - The dac part of all that is about -let's say- 50-70 bucks.
>
> We get a -pretty- good 70$ dac. Did I get it all wrong ? :p
>
> Obviously, sebp is right about speakers' upgrade. (btw, which is the
> author's speaker setup ?)

The cost of the DAC has very little to do with the quality of it's
output.
Much more important is the design in which it sits, and how the signal
is treated from end to end. Qualified engineers spent a lot of time on
our DAC design...

As for everything else Robin summed up what I was thinking pretty
well.

Mike

--
mvalera