Phil Leigh wrote:
> The problems is... you (indeed all of us) have no idea exactly how it
> is supposed to sound 99% of the time...

Loosen this a tad, to 100% of us never know 100% of the time, 99% of us,
99% of the time, have no idea...but for a tiny percent in a tiny percent
of the albums we were there. As loosened I'll agree. There are some
folks on this list who have been in the studio when commercial CDs were
recorded. We know (on those few CDs) what it was supposed to sound like.

Altho for me, the CDs were thrash metal, and I was not out with the
musicians and amps, I was only in the control room. My hearing would not
tolerate being next to the overdriven Marshals, etc. One could argue
that the studio monitors did not reflect the real music.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/