)p(;328906 Wrote:
> I agree! Be sure to try drc 3.0 with inguz...it has some new psycho
> acoustic algorimes that imho are another step forwards in what drc can
> do.
> peter

Another vote from me for drc 3.0 -- huge improvement over 2.0.

Also, I strongly recommend spending as much as you can on a mic.  I
started out using a Behringer ECM9000.  They are fairly flat under
200hz (ie ok for tuning subs), but all over the place above that (mine
tested at +9db at some freqs).  I splurged on an Earthworks M30 and it
worked much better (<1db variance).  I also tried both a TASCAM and a
more expensive SoundDevices USB audio interface.  My tests showed no
difference between the two.

--
muski

Transporter via XLR->Bryston BP26DA->Bryston 4B SST->Wilson Watt Puppy
7s
Transporter via XLR->Headroom Max Balanced Headphone Amp->Balanced
AKG701s