coppo23;335836 Wrote:
> Then discovered the volume control wasn't remote on the DAC and I was
> worried about losing resolution by controlling digitally only.

Just another data point here regarding the volume control on the
Transporter (or the SB3 for that matter) as there has been much
churning here on the forums about dropping bits, etc:  I run my
Transporter directly into my power amp which has no volume control.
Thus, I must use the Transporter's volume control.  I have never heard
a difference nor have I been bothered in the least by the sound quality
when playing the Transporter with the volume set at any level...even
towards the bottom of its range (i.e. close to maximum attenuation).
Just my experience...YMMV.

Joe

--
joeriz

Transporter > rebuilt/modified Dynaco ST-70 amplifier > JM Reynaud
Arpeggione Signature speakers