Phil Leigh wrote:
> I really can't help thinking that a lot of these debates are driven by
> rational thinking overtaking practical reality. We "know" that the
> transmission qualities of glass can exceed those of plastic so we
> assume that a glass cable should sound better.

"can exceed" doesn't lead to "does exceed". The plastic in the
tupperware containers in my fridge is exceeded by the quality of most
glass, expect the stained glass in my church.

Contrary to most audiophile's views, systems are only constrained by the
worst parts when the parts don't meet the requirements. Moving SPDIF
signals a few meters is not much of a challenge.

pat