opaqueice;344553 Wrote:
> I find it ironic that many "audiophiles" insist on incorporating S/PDIF
> jitter by connecting them to external DACs.  If they really believed
> jitter was such a problem, why introduce it again after you finally
> arrived at an architecture that was free of it?Because there'IS jitter
> already inside any player. Connecting an SB/TP
to an external DAC doesn't necessarily add more jitter to the overall
signal than the one obtained by listening to the analog outputs of the
SB/TP.
Let alone the fact, that jitter is just -part- of the problem, as you
know. And that the quality of the analog parts and design is another.

All in all, the "asynchronous" part, is exactly the same than -say- the
CD output of any decent CD device controller. You're just at the
beginning of the problem. As you know.

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus