opaqueice;344643 Wrote:
> Let's put it this way:  the jitter at the internal DAC of the SB/TP must
> be lower than the jitter at the DAC of a device connected to the SB via
> S/PDIF (either coax or optical).I don't see why it should be this way. It's
> just an assumption. You seem
to believe that only the clock generates jitter, which is not true..
Any synchronous component generates jitter, even simple cables. So, I
don't see why the internals of SB/TP should generate less jitter than
the cable+dac. Is it the number of components involved that matters ?

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus